½ cup softened butter
1 tbsp Three Ships Select Whisky
1 whole chicken
Salt and pepper, to season
Sprigs of thyme
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
Roasted potato wedges
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Beat butter with Three Ships Select Whisky until combined and smooth.
3. Prepare the chicken by using your hand to loosen the chicken skin away from the breast, then stuff most of the butter under the skin. Rub the rest of the butter over the outside of the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place lemon, sprigs of thyme and garlic into the cavity of the chicken.
5. Roast chicken breast-side up on a trivet in a roasting tray for 30 minutes until skin is nice and crispy.
6. Turn oven down to 180°C and roast for the remaining 30-35 minutes, or until perfectly cooked through.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
8. Carve into portions and serve alongside your favourite sides and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/301933683643677/