🥓 + 🧀 + 🥃 = ❤️
1 pack (100g) diced bacon
¼ onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp Three Ships Select Whisky
3 tbsp water
½ cup grated cheese
1 sheet store-bought puff pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
Finely chopped spring onion
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place a pan on medium heat and sauté diced bacon until crispy, about 8-12 minutes.
3.Add onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add vinegar, brown sugar, Three Ships Select Whisky and water and stir to combine.
5. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and syrupy, about 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Stir grated cheese into bacon mixture.
7. Cut puff pastry into 6x +/- 10cm squares, place on a greased baking tray and brush with egg wash.
8. Place a 1½ tbsp of bacon-and-cheese filling in the middle of each puff pastry square, then bring the four corners into the centre (corner to corner) and press down to stick together to form a parcel. *Chef’s Tip: Don’t overfill as they may burst open when baking.
9. Brush with egg wash, then bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy.
Place parcels on a sharing plate, sprinkle with finely chopped spring onion and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook 👉 https://www.facebook.com/groups/301933683643677/